1. How much trauma is too much trauma? How do we heal?
2. I just read in the Guardian a beautiful extract from a forthcoming book written jointly by the family of Greta Thunberg. This particular bit is written by Greta’s mom.
3. Healing takes a village. It also takes patience. It also takes luck.
4. I feel I have a village and I have patience, but I need a bit of luck.
5. I am a Christian but it’s hard for me right now to think of God. God is for many such a source of succor. For me now he’s a source of anxiety and also rage.
6. God, I cannot deprive myself of anything for Lent because my life could not be more pared down. If I deprive myself of more there will be nothing keeping me alive.
7. God, why do you keep letting me down?
8. Should I “deprive” myself of hopelessness? Is it possible? What will life look like without hopelessness? Should I try?
(Many apologies because I have not being able to provide alt text for images lately. It’s an unforgivable omission but I find it utterly exhausting. I’ll catch up as soon as I can)